- 71% of adults have a Facebook account.
- 93% of shoppers’ buying decisions are influenced by social media – because 90% trust peer recommendations. But only 14% trust advertisements.
- Social media has a 100% higher lead-to-close rate than outbound marketing.
There have been many changes by Facebook to Pages recently and it can be difficult to keep track of new features. So here are 5 things you need to know about your business Facebook Page.
1 – How to change your Page name and user (URL) name
You can only change your Page name or user name ONCE. (the user name is also called a vanity URL and is the name that appears in the address bar rather than the name on the front of the Page)
You need to be an admin to change your Page’s name. If your Page has over 200 likes you will need to request a Page name change from Facebook, follow the steps below which will redirect you to Facebook support.
To change your Page’s name:
- Click ‘About’ below your Page’s cover photo
- Click ‘Page Info’ in the left column
- Hover over the ‘Name’ section and click ‘Edit’
- Enter a new name and click ‘Save Changes’
When choosing a new URL try and match the Page name as closely as possible, this will make your Page look more professional and make searching for you easier.
Go to facebook.com/username
- Below ‘Create your Facebook web address’, select a Page from the drop down menu
- Type a username and click ‘Check Availability’
- If the username is available, click ‘Confirm’
2 – How to merge 2 Pages
If you have 2 Pages for your business it is now possible to merge those Pages and add the likes for both Pages together. There are however a few qualifying conditions. You must be admin of both Pages. Both Pages must be for the same business and have a similar name. The address section of each Page must match.
To see if you can merge your pages,
- Go to facebook.com/pages/merge
- Select the Page you want to keep in the first drop down, and the Page you want to merge in the second drop down
- If Pages can be merged click ‘Confirm’
3 – Picture Sizes
There is nothing more distracting than a profile or cover picture that doesn’t properly fit on a Page. To ensure your pictures are visible on any device your profile and cover photos should be the following sizes;
Profile Picture – 160 x 160 pixels
Cover Photo – 851 x 315 pixels
4 – Page Insights
Facebook is constantly updating and improving the metrics available to you through the insight tab on your Facebook Page, this is an invaluable way of understanding your audience and learning which content gains most interaction.
The insight tab allows you to gather a huge amount of information including;
- Page clicks
- Post Reach
- Which times your audience are online
- Which Posts are most popular
- How competitors Pages perform compared to yours
5 – New private message feature
Facebook has recently announced new features for its private messaging service. The most important of which will allow Page admins to reply to a comment with a private message.
This new feature – which should appear soon – will add a ‘message’ button, alongside the ‘like’ and ‘reply’ options currently available underneath a ‘comment’.
Having the option to reply via messenger allows a business to quickly and efficiently answer a query or complaint without asking sensitive questions on the page and allowing privacy and security for yourself and the customer.